2009 PROGRAM for Norwegian Craft Group
Wednesday 11th March – Hardanger Embroidery at Randi’s place (Mango Hill)
10am-2pm Ph. 0402 823 151
BYO lunch to share
Thursday 2nd April – Loofah Soaps – workshop run by Jean.
Venue -Amanda’s place (Wavell Heights/Virginia)
10 am – 2 pm ph 3266 4538
Wednesday 6 May – Glenniese’s place (North Lakes) Tassel making/Painting/Knitting
Phone Amanda on 3266 4538
Thursday 11th June – Silk Painting venue: To be advised
10 am – 2pm ph.3266 4538
BYO lunch to share.
July – Hakking (Norwegian knitting) / Recycling plastic bags ** NB: date and venue to be set ph. Amanda 3266 4538
August – Craft Group Outing
Beads by the Beach/ Tea n Bisque it/ Miegunyah Ph Amanda 3266 4538 for details
September – Making a Floral Wreath.
Amanda’s place. (Wavell/Virginia) ph. 3266 4538
Morning tea will be provided. Please bring lunch to share.
October – Silk Ribbon Embroidery (workshop run by Amanda)
Venue – Marion’s place Wavell Heights ph
November – Christmas decorations – Ribbon Pine cones **NB: date and venue to be set ph. Amanda 3266 4538
Xmas Baking Day – To be advised
Thursday 3rd December – Christmas outing and Craft group lunch.
If you don’t think you are crafty perhaps you would like to host a group.
We need venue for June. July and November. We provide the tuition.
All you need to provide is the coffee and a few chairs. We will do the rest.
Call Amanda for details if you are interested.
Although the club no longer holds the Christmas bazaar you can help the club by donating any of the following:-
*Pieces of fabric large and small, especially cotton, gingham and fabric useful for Hardanger/embroidery, or felt
* Pearl cotton threads (for embroidery);
* Plain fabric or Calico bags new orused (we can paint designs or embroider on these)
* New or used wooden or m.d.f. pieces, eg: old plaques, cheese board, trinket boxes, coasters even old teak salad bowls,
* Small items of tinware, old or new, such as sweet or tobacco tins, teapots, vases, watering can, milk cans.
* Smaller items of old used furniture, such as small boxes, bowls, old candlesticks (brass, wooden, but not laminated).
* Ceramic tiles up to 20 cm square in plain colours (we can make trivets out of these)
* Raffia, ribbon, buttons, and beads
* Plate stands and holders…. (these sorts of things can be used for presentation and display of the items for sale).
We can arrange for collection of any of the above items or if you prefer, they can be dropped off at Randi’s or Amanda’s.